Community Opportunities – Get involved today!
New Mexico Department of Transportation
Press Release: NMDOT Announces Upcoming Roadway Reconstruction On NM 30 in Pueblo of Santa Clara
Santa Fe County
Schedule of Town Hall Meetings
PED Focus Training Schedule
Click here to view the full PED FOCUS Training Schedule through August 2017.
Beginning April 6, 2017 through May 11, 2017 (Every Thursday)
6:00 – 7:00 p.m. at the Nambe Wellness Center
Click here for all the details!!
April 29, 2017
9:00 AM – 3:00 PM
Pojoaque Valley Middle School Auditorium. Click here for more information!
Saturday, April 29, 2017
Starlight Lanes (Santa Ana Star Casino)
Click here for all the details!
Deadline to Apply: May 12, 2017 Click here for more information!
What? Los Alamos National Laboratory, Pojoaque Valley High School, and the American Physical Society are hosting a two-week Summer Physics Camp for young women in Northern New Mexico. The camp will focus on boosting your understanding of the physics of the Sun, Earth, and everything in between.
Daily activities will include demonstrations, hands-on laboratory experiments, and discussions with female scientists and engineers from Los Alamos National Laboratory. One day will be dedicated to visiting Los Alamos National Laboratory research facilities, which may include the Los Alamos Neutron Science Center, the National High Magnetic Field Laboratory, the Center for Integrated Nanotechnologies, and the Plutonium Surface Science Laboratory.
Intel sponsored 4th Annual Robotics Academy
- 30 hours of PD for TEACHERS – NO experience required
- Bring YOUR robots; Learn how to engage kids more effectively + Math-Robotics for the classroom
- May 3 – May 7 in ALBUQUERQUE – ONLY 60 SEATS available!
- Speakers coming: Sandia Nat. Lab, NASA Ames Research, NM Tech, Intel
- REGISTRATION is NOW open… http://bit.ly/2mktebX CLOSES April 14th
- Cost: $300/person with Intel grant
- Contact: Russ Fisher-Ives, 505.385.7109
For children entering 4th-12th grades. Please click here for more information on the specific camps.
If you would like more information or have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact:
LANL Community Partnerships presents Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math (STEM) opportunities for 2016-2017
Click here to view the list of STEM opportunities and a calendar that highlights some of the many education programs that the Laboratory supports. LANL also offers education programs through the Bradbury Science Museum including:
- Science on Wheels – Bradbury Science Museum Educators drive their van to your schools and provide free of charge, hands-on science demonstrations. These programs are participatory and highly engaging. Visits are scheduled, on a first-come first served-basis. If you would like to schedule a visit, please contact Liz Martineau at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the website at: http://www.lanl.gov/museum/visit/teachers/we-visit-you.php
- Museum Explorations (your class visits our museum
- Online resources: lanl.gov/museum
Future City is a cross-curricular program that lets students in the 6th, 7th, and 8th grades do the things engineers do: identify problems, brainstorm ideas, design solutions, test and retest, build and then share the results. The Future City Competition consists of five deliverables, or end products of the project. These deliverables document the team’s progress through the engineering design process and showcase the team’s city of the future. Teams are judged and scored on all deliverables.
Educators who register before May 1st will be entered into a drawing to win one of three $100 material stipends. Click on the link for more information.
Get your TESOL or Bilingual Endorsement!
Northern New Mexico College, College of Education is offering the courses that will lead to an endorsement in TESOL and/or Bilingual Education.
Program approved by the New Mexico Public Education Department. Click on link for more information.